Embracing better health for all


Home About Us Your health and services Have your say Library News Events Contact Us Login
Home » Your health and services » Your health » Urgent Treatment Service (UTS)

Urgent Treatment Service in North East Essex

Following conversations with our communities about urgent healthcare services, we brought all urgent care together in 2019. This includes Urgent Treatment Centres at Colchester Hospital and Clacton Hospital. There is also an Urgent Treatment Centre (Minor Injuries Only) at Fryatt Hospital, Harwich.


About this service

This service is provided by the East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) – the Trust that runs Colchester and Ipswich hospitals. You can get more information about this service, including locations and opening times, on the ESNEFT website.

Learn more about:


Phlebotomy in Colchester and Tendring

If your GP has told you that you need a blood test, you can have your blood taken at either Colchester Primary Care Centre or Clacton Hospital. This phlebotomy (blood test) service is provided by an organisation called GP Primary Choice. Get more information about how to get a blood test in Colchester or Tendring via the GP Primary Choice website.

If you are a patient currently receiving care from ESNEFT (the Trust that runs Colchester and Ipswich hospitals), and need to arrange to have a blood test, you can get more information on blood tests via the ESNEFT website.


When should I visit an Urgent Treatment Centre?

Choosing the most appropriate service could mean getting the help you need, faster. And by doing so, you’ll be supporting the NHS to work at its best. Urgent Treatment and Minor Injury centres can help with non-life-threatening injuries and conditions, such as:

  • trauma wounds
  • burns and scalds
  • strains and sprains
  • bites and stings
  • suspected fractures
  • foreign bodies
  • coughs and chest infections
  • ear, nose and throat infections
  • skin problems and rashes
  • emergency contraception
  • stomach problems
  • urinary infections
  • eye infections

If you’re unsure which service is most suited to your need, just call NHS 111, or visit the NHS 111 website.

« Back