The North East Essex Clinical Commissioning Group was statutorily abolished on the 1 July 2022 and replaced by NHS Suffolk and North East Essex Integrated Care Board (ICB).
Get more information here.


Embracing better health for all


Home About Us Your health and services Have your say Library News Events Contact Us Login

Minor eye and vision problems

If you have any eye or vision concerns please visit your local optician.  Visit and search “Find an optician near you”

Your optician may refer you to the Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS) if you have eye pain, sudden loss of vision, foreign bodies, lid problems or flashes and floaters.

This is an NHS funded service and you can self-refer into it. For a list of participating optical practices, view our Minor Eye Conditions Service leaflet or ask your local optician, pharmacist or GP practice. A GP appointment is not necessary.

Useful patient leaflets and videos on how to administer eyedrops and use them properly is available HERE


« Back