The North East Essex Clinical Commissioning website provides information to support the healthcare needs of everyone in north east Essex (Colchester and Tendring areas)
Summer is here! A new health campaign has been launched aimed at helping local people and holidaymakers across north east Essex choose the right NHS services as well as to take the heat off A&E during the summer holidays.
Restriction of services – the North East Essex CCG is planning to restrict some services during the summer of 2015.
The plans to restrict services have been carefully considered by our clinicians and we have conducted extensive engagement with our local communities over the past year. We are carrying out further engagement during June, giving people an opportunity to feed their views to us.
While these are our intentions, it is important to stress that we will adopt a flexible approach. If our position changes in the future, the CCG would reconsider or adapt the implementation of these changes. We believe that by restricting the services in the way we intend to, we will save around £1m this year. This is against a total of £22m for 2015/16.
Local people are invited to send their feedback either in writing to the North East Essex CCG, Primary Care Centre, Turner Road, Colchester, CO4 5JR or by email: NEECCG.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please click here to read more details about our plans;
- Please click here to see our video explaining our plans
- Please click here to see a copy of our press release – issued on 28 May 2015
- Please click here to see the consultation document on Specialist Fertility Services (IVF)
- Please click here to view a copy of the findings from the Big Care Debate
Follow us on Twitter for daily health tips and news